Residents Recycling WEEE for FREE
Like many Irish people you probably recycle lots of your household waste. 2016 figures from REPAK show that 98% of people in Ireland recycle in Ireland. The average household in Ireland recycled 71% of household waste in 2014 up from 65% in 2012. Overall Ireland is now 4th in Europe for packaging recycling. This is great news and well done on the paper and package front.
What about all the other types of waste accumulated in homes? As the year moves along Recycle IT want to encourage householders, families and children to think about the actions they can take to recycle more old or unwanted or stuff around your home. This can include books, clothes, games, batteries, phones and toys; the list is endless.
Recycle IT have a focus on recycling old, once loved and waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE). If your cooker, hobs or battery operated toys, radio or phone is broken or surplus to requirements what do you do? Do you leave them to gather dust in the cupboard, attic or garden shed or do you add them to the weekly rubbish? (out of sight, out of mind) Why not consider recycling now!
In 2017 Recycle IT contacted over 88,000 homes in Dublin about recycling electrical items and our penetration rate depending on area reached an average high of 28% with homes recycling one (+) items. The average recycled weight per home was approx 43.7KGs or the equivalent of one average household dishwasher.
Many of us simply don’t realize that items with a plug or battery can be reused, re-purposed or recycled. So if your TV’s, monitors, laptops or washing machine have become obsolete think about the positive impact you can make by recycling with Recycle IT. You can help the environment, sustain jobs and create training opportunities by taking part in our residents recycling days.
12 Reasons to avail of Free WEEE Recycle
- Recycling conserves resources e.g. metal, plastics, water, fuel.
- Recycling reduces clutter and creates space.
- Recycling helps reduce Co2 emissions.
- Recycling saves energy.
- Recycling helps protect the environment e.g climate change
- Recycling reduces landfill.
- Recycling reduces domestic waste charges.
- Recycling help create and maintain local employment.
- Recycling encourages others in your community to recycle.
- Recycling using official locations or collections reduces dumping of waste.
- Recycling helps our children learn about sustainability so involve your kids.
- Recycling provides access to materials for repurposing and reuse by others
You can drop off your items free of charge with Recycle IT or arrange a residents association collection for you and all your neighbours once loved electronic toys, laptops, PCs, white goods, kitchen appliances, electric gardening tools, TV’s, old video games consoles and lots more.
Once received the items, they can be reused, re-purposed or recycled leading to an overall reduction in the number electrical items going to landfill or illegally shipped to third world countries. Another real benefit is the fact that our service helps create training and employment opportunities.
What has been achieved in Ireland to date
- 90,000 ton reductions in CO2 emissions from Fridge Freezers.
- 75 million electrical appliances already collected through WEEE Ireland.
- A reduction in harmful batteries ending up in landfill.
- Fewer light bulbs found in domestic waste.
- Increased employment opportunities.
- Better overall environmental awareness.
Recycle IT an award winning community recycler wishes to build on Ireland’s recycling success story and help increase the 7.6 kg of waste electronic and electrical equipment recycled per person, per year. We are inviting resident associations and community groups including tidy towns to speak with us about arranging a FREE collection in your area over the coming months.
Our recycling service is provided FREE to resident associations and community groups in Dublin, Wicklow and Kildare so please give us a call to learn more and arrange a residents collection for your area.
Please call us on 01 4578321 or email email@example.com.
Remember dropping into our site in Clondalkin is also FREE, Monday to Friday between 8.30am and 3pm. We can also arrange a cost-effective personal collection with a few days of order. Call 014578321 now for more information