Coronavirus (COVID-19): staying safe while using collection services:
Upon review of our health and safety guidelines Recycle IT will again operate a controlled collection service for customers wishing to recycle waste electrical, electronic equipment and metal. Collection services will start from early February 2021. It is important that both our collection teams and the public stay safe when using our service so please take a few moments to read the below.
Guidance, Recommendation and Principles:
- Recycle IT collection services will operate on a pre booked appointment-only basis.
- Customers are encouraged to use our online order form or email us as the first choice. This will limit social interactions and contact.
- Customers are asked to use electronic payments with bank details supplied by Recycle IT via email once your decision is made to go ahead. This will limit social interactions and contact.
- Customers can alternatively order a recycling collection via telephone between 9.30am and 1.15pm, Monday to Friday only.
- Collections are by appointment only with no customer contact requested or required.
- Allocate time slots allow Recycle IT manage a limited number of customer collections per day.
- If the collection is from a home the collection point should be external to your house and close to entrance with no contact required. Items need to be ready for collection.
- If the collection is from an apartment the collection point should be from a clear common area external to your apartment and close to entrance with no contact required.
- If the collection is from a business the collection point should be external or internal, close to delivery or collection entrance with no contact required. Items need to be ready for collection.
- Both Recycle IT and our customers will continue to frequently clean surfaces, wear face masks and sanitize hands to ensure safe collection.
Guidance for Collections:
When using collect services, customers should:
- Place items for collection/recycling outside their entrance door as our members of our team are not permitted to enter your home or business.
- Recycle IT will collect equipment on a per agreed date and time slot and will call you on arrival.
- Use pre-payment methods as outlined and email proof of purchase where possible to Recycle IT.
- Wear a face covering and use hand sanitizers when leaving items out for collection.
- Avoid interacting with our collection teams during collections.
Practical Guidance for Staying Safe:
There are some practical steps homes, businesses and our collection teams can take to keep everybody as safe as possible. This guidance has been developed to help all of us understand how to remain safely during the coronavirus pandemic.
The use of measures such appointments helps to reduce the risk of coronavirus spreading and helps to support the test and trace programme.
Everyone can contribute to managing the spread of COVID-19 by following the public health guidance and regulations by doing the following everyday:
- Washing your hands
- Keeping your distance (two meters).
- Wear a face covering.
- If you have symptoms stay at home, self-isolate and do not request a collection until you fully recover.
- Limit your social contacts.
- Learn more at the HSE website
We hope these guidelines help and work for you. Please take care.