Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Recycling in Dublin
There has been approx 75 million waste electrical items collected since 2005, that’s over 70 electrical items per household in Ireland but 1 in 4 Irish people are still hoarding or putting electrical waste in the trash at home. (Source: WEEE Ireland). This article is all about encouraging you to recycle electrical items using local services. With that in mind we have complied a list (all on one page) of WEEE recycling centres and services in Dublin.
Recycle IT support householders, charities, community groups, schools and business with electrical and electronic recycling services in Dublin and the surrounding ares. Services offers are complementary to those offered by the Local Authories across Dublin.
Services include a free drop off for domestic or dual purpose electrical or electronic equipment with collection services available on request. Collection services are offered free to groups previously listed with a cost-effective solution offered to business recyclers and or those with an immediate need.
Householders in Dublin City and surrounding areas can also bring their unwanted electrical items (WEEE) to a number of recycling centres promoted or operated by their Local Authority. At these centre people can dispose of items such as toasters, cookers, kettles, or lamps, really any domestic appliance.
Alternatively householders can take back WEEE to retailers free of charge. The take back system usually operators on a one-for-one basis, i.e. you can exchange an old toaster for a new one but it’s usually not possible to return a fridge freezer while purchasing a new hairdryer. A number of large retailers actively promote this scheme so keep an eye out.
Recycling Centres in Dublin
There are recycling centres located across Dublin which will take back household WEEE and lots of other waste items.
The main centres are listed below:
- Shamrock Terrace Recycling Centre (North Strand) – Tel: 01-836 4716
- Pigeon House Recycling Centre, Ringsend – Tel: 01-614 4750
- Electronic Recycling, Unit 20, Jamestown Business Pk, Finglas – Tel: 01-864 0806 ((waste electrical & electronic equipment only)
- Ballymount Civic Amenity, Ballymount Ave. (Off the Walkinstown roundabout) – Tel: 01-4621251
- Coolmine Recycling Centre, Coolmine Industrial Estate, Dublin 15. (Beside Coolmine Fire Station). Tel: (01) 890 5986
- Estuary Recycling Centre, Swords, (beside Swords Business Park)
Tel: (01) 890 5985
- Ballyogan Civic Recycling Facility, Ballyogan Road, Dublin 18. Tel: (01) 291 3600
- Recycle IT, 14/2 Crag Terrace, Clondalkin Industrial Estate, Dublin D22 Tel: (01) 4578321 (waste electrical, electronic equipment & metals only)
Trade waste is usually not accepted at Household Waste Recycling Centres. Recycle IT will support small and medium size businesses to recycle dual purpose electrical and electronic waste. It’s always a good idea to call the centres in advance of a recycling visit. The call can ensure to don’t make a wasted trip.
About Recycle IT
Recycle IT is an award winning not for profit social enterprise providing a collection and drop off service for all types of waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE). During 2016 Recycle IT offered drop off and collection services to 100,000 homes and businesses across Dublin and surrounding areas collecting a range of WEEE which includes thousands of computers, cables, monitors, microwaves and TV’s.
Recycle IT services are provided in partnership with WEEE Ireland. Recycle IT are supported by Pobal, South Dublin County Council and authorized by the National Waste Collection Permit Office and the local authorities across Dublin, Kildare and Wicklow.
Visit our website for further details.