Free and Easy!
Reusing is better than recycling! It usually saves energy that comes with having to dismantle and re-manufacture products received for recycling. It also greatly reduces waste and pollution because it reduces the need for new raw materials which in turn save our natural environment including forests, mined fuels, metal ore and water supplies.
Free Trade Ireland is a free online reuse service which allows its users to pass on unwanted items for free, from beds and furniture to electrical and electronic goods as well as garden equipment and much more. The service is free to use and delivers real financial savings to all its users, as well as being good for the environment.
About Free Trade Ireland
Free Trade Ireland was launched 10 years ago in July 2010 and over that 10 year period it has been open to people interested in reuse across Ireland.
Its aim is simple, to facilitate the reuse of household and business items throughout Ireland and in doing so promote reuse and waste prevention. It’s a great idea, easy to use and a simple website offers endless reuse opportunities to people with items for reuse and to those interested in availing of items for reuse.
Here are some of the benefits of reusing through Free Trade Ireland
- Reduces waste disposal costs by avoiding skip hire and bulky waste collection charges.
- Gives a second life to all kinds of household and business items.
- If a toy, piece of furniture or metal items can be fixed, do it, and then offer it for reuse.
- Reusing helps protect your environment through reduced need for new items.
- Reuse reduces the use of natural resources in manufacturing new products.
- Saves money and time purchasing new equipment.
- Encourages a change in behaviour when it comes to household and office waste management.
- Contributes to sustainable lifestyle choices for people across Ireland.
- Demonstrates to the next generation that items can be easily reused rather than wasted.
- Gives a feeling of value and a knowledge that others will enjoy reusing items you once loved.
About Recycle IT
If your household or office has electrical, electronic or pure metal equipment is beyond reusè, repair or is simply out of date (e.g. computers with an outdated operating systems) Recycle IT will help you to recycle safely. Electronic computer, entertainment and networking equipment can be broken down with many parts saved for reuse. All large household items are broken down and parts extracted for reuse in new equipment.
Recycle IT is an award-winning not for profit social enterprise providing a collection and drop off service for all types of waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE). Last year Recycle IT offered drop off and collection services to communities, households , schools, charities, and businesses across Dublin and surrounding areas collecting a range of WEEE which included thousands of cooker, computers, cables, monitors, microwaves and TV’s.
Recycle IT services are provided in partnership with WEEE Ireland. Recycle IT are supported by Pobal, South Dublin County Council, Dormant Accounts, Kickstart. Collection and drop off services are authorized by the National Waste Collection Permit Office and the local authorities across Leinster, Ireland. Our team can be contacted via our website.