April 1st – April 5th 2019
South Dublin County Council’s 15th annual Eco Week promotes awareness of the environment and is a fantastic opportunity for schools, colleges, communities groups, businesses and people living and working in South Dublin to educate, learn and become a part of improving our environment.
Eco Week 2019 really has something for everyone covers a variety of topics. All events are FREE to access but please book early. Remember when considering events, share details with others, travel together by offering lifts, or use public transport to reduce carbon miles.
Events include environmental workshops, shows, talks and eco walks on themes such as waste prevention, re-use, recycling, energy, water, biodiversity and climate change These activities are scheduled to take place all around the south Dublin in libraries, parks, offices and recycling centres. There is something for everyone from Community Groups to Schools, Business,Householders and Individuals.
Things to try for Eco Week
Recycle IT have complied a list of 11 things you might consider doing for Eco Week 2018, hopefully they are all eco-friendly!
- Leave the grass uncut for April.
- Compost the grass cuttings during spring and summer.
- Bring you family on woodland adventure walk.
- Used your skills to get out community gardening.
- Arrange an eco-cleanup of your local area.
- Book a resident association electrical recycling collection day for your estate.
- Clear out your home and garden shed, donate the items to charity or recycle safely.
- Involve the kids in planting a tree or two.
- Volunteer some time with an environmental group.
- Reduce plastic waste as you are shopping e.g. leave it with the shop as a message!
- Get the family to go meat or fish free for a day.
- Get together with friends for a “Green Party” with organic food and drinks.
- Visit the Recycle IT electrical recycling display at South Dublin County Council office in Tallaght.
Recycle IT for Eco Week
Starting April 1st 2019 residents living and businesses operating in South County Dublin can benefit from free recycling. They can recycle all dual-purpose home and small office electrical/electronic equipment free with Recycle IT during Eco Week 2019 and afterwards!
All you need to do is drop off your electrical equipment at the Recycle IT recycling facility in Clondalkin. The team will be on hand all week to help you will lifting or moving items. You can in advance on 01 4578321 to let them know your coming or to get directions. The centre is open for drop off from 8.30am to 4pm Monday to Thursday and 3pm on Friday.
WEEE to work
Recycle IT in association with South Dublin County Council will operate a WEEE to Work Collection for waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE). People working in local organisations and businesses are invited to participate by bringing their old electrical items to work
The Recycle IT team will accept any items with a plug or a battery. Batteries will also be collected during the week, just bag or box them and bring them along. If you wish to organise a dedicated and free WEEE to Work Collection from your office or business, Recycle IT will be happy to support.
As part of our electrical recycling display, drop off points will be avaialalbe in the lobby of the South Dublin County Council offices in Tallaght to recycle small electircal items so bring them from home and drop in when passing!
If you have questions or would like to arrange a WEEE to Work collection from your office, please call us on 01 4578321 or email: email@example.com. You can also visit the website www.recycleit.ie to learn more about electrical recycling.
For more information on Eco-Week or to book a place at an event please visit www.southdublin.ie or contact the Environmental Awareness Section, South Dublin County Council on 01 4149000.