A Week in November 2017
As Christmas is fast approaching, we are reminding organisations and householders to repurpose, reuse and repair in order to reduce waste and save some extra money for use during the festive season!
You can make a start during European Week for Waste Reduction (EWWR) which runs from November 18th until November 26th 2017. This European-wide project focuses on reducing waste, reusing products and recycling materials and is promoted in all European Member States.
This year’s thematic focus is “Reuse and Repair: Give it a new life!”, aims to inspire appreciation for products and resources, and adding new value to old things.. Its worth noting that with greater reuse and repair will come reductions in the use of new natural resources and reduced carbon emissions.
The initiative aims to promote the implementation of awareness-raising actions about reduce, reuse and repair during a single week. It also aims to encourage a wide range of audiences including public authorities, private companies, civil society and you, the citizens to get involved.
- The EWWR’s objectives are:
- to raise awareness about waste reduction, product reuse and material recycling strategies, and related European Union and Member States policies,
- to highlight the work accomplished by EWWR participants,
- to mobilise and encourage European citizens to concentrate on four key action themes,
- to reinforce EWWR stakeholders’ capacities by providing them with targeted communication tools and training,
- to assess the impact of communication actions on concrete behaviour change regarding consumption and waste management patterns.
You can take part of the EWWR in three different ways:
- Action developer: this is for public authorities, associations, NGOs, businesses, educational establishments, another bodies or individual citizens interested in carrying out an awareness-raising action on waste reduction, reuse or recycling during next EWWR
- Participants: this is for an individual or a group wanting to participate in an action taking place during the EWWR
- EWWR Coordinator: this is for a public authority competent in the field of waste prevention, interested in coordinating the Week in your area
Read more about how to take part here.
More about European Week for Waste Reduction
To learn more or get involved in European Week for Waste Reduction please visit the website
About Recycle IT
Recycle IT is a friendly, needs driven recycler, recycling all types of waste electrical and electronic equipment. Collections are offered to homes, communities, educators and charities at no charge. Community engagement is achieved in many ways including building good relationships, offering door to door collections and providing people with real help in lifting and moving equipment. Recycle IT engage young and old, charities and business and encourage reduce, reuse and recycle with the message reinforced through flyers, community events, workshops, newsletters, regular blog posts and recognition.