Go Green of life
Recycling is an easy way to protect our environment and climate while ensures the wellbeing of our community for the next generation. However, the success of recycling depends on the active participation of every member of the community including kids of all ages.
By everyone doing a little, we all can reduce the amount of waste that is deposited in the landfill or incinerated. Thinking about the reuse of materials made from recycled materials helps maintain the recycling circle and its part in the circular economy.
We have listed 29 recycling tips – You might adapt some!
- Use both sides of the page when writing or drawing
- Give your kids or local schools part used printed paper for drawing.
- Bring your food to school or work using a reusable hardware tub
- Rent or hire school books and supplies (reuse)
- Hire gardening tools that you only use occasionally
- Opt for low-energy light bulbs
- Give your unwanted clothes a second life
- Reuse and repair as much as possible
- Choose to buy soap
- Choose long life or durable products e.g. reusable razors or ink pens
- Use rechargeable batteries in home appliances
- Avoid unnecessary purchasing of occasion products, e.g. Christmas, Easter
- Offer gifts, such as tickets for a show, sports event or concert leading to reduce material content
- Choose eco-friendly products – read the labels
- Buys product with less packaging
- Buy regular use products in bulk, e.g. tinned and jarred products.
- Reuse shopping bags
- Use refillable products e.g. coffee, loss tea
- Drink tap water
- Prepared food at home for picnics while reusing flasks, tubs, knives, forks, and reusable carry bags
- Choose fresh food rather than processed food, healthier and less packaging
- Limited home and office printing, share files over email or file sharing tools e.g. Dropbox
- Recycle ink cartridges
- Bring a mug and glass to work to refill coffee, tea or water during the working day
- Approach office supply companies about purchasing used office equipment
- Cycle to work rather than take the car
- Car share where distances are longer and where public transport is not accessible.
- Take your uneaten food home from restaurants in a doggy bag.
- Composite garden cuttings to create a natural fertilizer
The 3 R’s
In Ireland and across Europe, the focus on the 3 R’s has increased over recent years As recovery of resources through, reuse, repurposing and recycling has increased it has become increasingly important for consumers to take steps themselves to ensure product are recycled using accessible and economically sustainable solutions.
Recycle IT are at the forefront in offering WEEE recycling services directly to people’s homes. We deliver over 2000 leaflet a week promoting our community collection service.
A few days later our teams visit the area and provide a curbside collection. We encourage people to take advantage of this free and accessible collection service. We also offer services to business, community groups and schools and colleges so rest assured we have a service to match your needs.
By recycling in this way you can be assured your waste electrical and electronic equipment with be treated in accordance with WEEE legislation. Your efforts also helps our organisation create training and employment opportunities which otherwise would not exist .
If you have questions or would like to arrange a personal collection from your home or business, please call 01 4578321 or email: email@example.com. You can also visit our website to learn more about our work and our recent awards.