A Week in Winter
With Christmas fast approaching, we are reminding householders of some of the ways they can reduce waste and save money in the process.
The week starting November 21st 2015 is European Week for Waste Reduction (EWWR), a European-wide project aimed at promoting sustainable waste reduction actions in Member States. This year’s theme has as focus on the most commonly wasted foods, including cheaper bread, pasta and rice. Its worth noting the reduction of all waste will help our planets environment and promote environment awareness.
The initiative aims to promote the implementation of awareness-raising actions about sustainable resource and waste management during a single week. It also aims to encourage a wide range of audiences including public authorities, private companies, civil society and you, the citizens to get involved.
What are the weeks objectives?
- to raise awareness about waste reduction.
- to highlight the work accomplished by participants during the week.
- to encourage European citizens to concentrate on four key action themes.
- to reinforce all stakeholders’ capacities by providing communication tools and training.
- to assess the impact of communication actions on concrete behavior. change regarding consumption and waste management patterns.
To learn more about getting involved or how to reduce your waste visit the European Week for Waste Reduction website
If you need help with recycling items with a plug or battery contact, Recycle IT
Call Recycle IT on 01 4578321 or email email@example.com